When will physical Slimming World groups reopen?
It's the most commonly asked question at the moment. When will physical groups reopen? And the truthful answer right now at this moment is that we don't know.
What I can tell you as a consultant is that we are awaiting an official roadmap back from head office that has not been signed off yet and as soon as we know what it is, we'll be shouting from the rooftops about it!
Whilst restrictions are easing currently we're still quite a bit away from being able to return to the normal physical groups that we knew and loved prior to lockdown. In the mix as such are (and not limited to)
- Continued social distancing requirements – whilst in place our standard format group would be very difficult to run. Can a new format be designed which does not compromise our core values and belief in the power of group?
- Health and safety of our members and social teams and consultants too. What extra equipment would be needed to be put in place.
- Venue availability – whilst some venues are beginning to reopen others are not planning to until September or the new year.
- Confidence of our members – just because we can might not mean that the majority of members would be willing to.
- Economic viability of groups. Rental payments etc to be covered whilst groups rebuild if opened too early with little demand or appetite.
At the moment Slimming World are undertaking a consultation process with all our venues to see what would be needed to be in place for each venue to be willing to accept groups back (and possibly change minds of venues intending later reopenings), government and public health advisors to see what changes would need to be made to ensure a safe and legal reopening scenario, working out when that would be the most appropriate for our members, and then pulling all that information together into a plan.
It's a very delicate and complicated process with many stakeholders as such involved. But all we can say right now is we will be back and watch this space for details!